Today on the Blog, I am showing you my new project.... A Flipbook!!
This is the first time I am making one, so there are going to be some mistakes along. Please feel free to point out anything I have done wrong or can do better so that I can implement it in my further projects.
Here we go....
This flip book measures around 4" x 6".
- Took a 12" x 12" black cardstock and cut it into 2 halves. Each part I scored at 4" intervals. I had 2 parts with 3 panels each.
- I took a strip of black paper measuring 1"x6". Folded it into half and used it to glue the two parts together. The inside of the album is ready now.
- I then took 2 pieces of cardstock, this time a little taller than 6" but 4" wide.Covered this piece with patterned paper and stuck it on the first and the last panel of the album. (Sandwich a piece of satin while doing this on either side)
- I then cut n stuck the patterned papers on all the inner panels (Size little less than 4x6 so that a black border can be seen all around.)
- Made a pocket on one of the panel to insert tags.
- Then came the embellishments, stickers, laces, sentiments, flowers etc.
- On the cover page of the flipbook, I made a small photo frame, embellished it with a stamped message.
- A bird on a tree chipboard adorned the cover page.
TADAA... My flipbook is ready!!!
Here are some inside pics...
I am really happy with the outcome. Friends, please do leave me your feedback or any suggestions on the same.
Novel - Ideas
I am entering this project for the following challenges -
- crafty calendar challenge - Something new (Tried a flipbook for the first time... triend something new ;-))
- crafty creations challenges - Anything goes
- crafty girlz challenges - Anything goes
- crafting with an attitude - Anything goes
- craft rocket challenges - Add a bow (My flipbook is held together with a bow:))
- simonsaysstampblog monday challenge- Spread your wings (Birds and butterflies in the flipbook)
- Inspiration Destination - Anything goes!
- simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge - Anything but a card
- A Perfect time to craft - Anything goes!
- A Bit more time to craft - Anything goes!