Friday 7 April 2017

Mixed media nameplate / fridge magnet

Hi!
Today I am here with two mixed media projects.

Nameplates and a fridge magnet

The Nameplates


These are customised nameplates made as birthday return gifts. 
To make these nameplates I first applied white gesso to the wooden base. Used texture paste and stencil to create the background texture design all over the base. After heat setting it, I used colour splash sprays over the base. 
With the help of Shilpakar, I made the face of the girl/boy and painted them. Using a small amount of Shilpakar I adhered the faces onto the bases. 
I took stitched circle die-cuts, covered it with gesso and let it dry. I mounted these die-cuts on the wooden base along with double tapes and a strong liquid adhesive. I stuck the alphabets on the circle with liquid glue. 

Here are the close up pictures....




My next project is a fridge magnet. 

Fridge magnet


To make this fridge magnet I first applied white gesso to the MDF circle base. Used texture paste and stencil to create the background texture design all over the base. After heat setting it, I used colour splash sprays over the base. 
I adhered a magnetic sheet to the back of the MDF. 
I embellished it with some flowers and pollens. 
I used a heart die cut and mounted it on the base using double tape and a strong liquid adhesive. The photograph was then mounted on the heart shape. 
Lastly, I used the die cut word "US" painted it with black and glitter and mounted it over the base with double tape and strong liquid adhesive.

Here are few more pictures of the magnet. 



Thank you for dropping by my blog. Hope you enjoyed my post. Kindly leave your valuable feedback in the comments below.

Regards,
Anila Dikay

Entering this project in the following challenges -
Craftyscrappers - Anything goes
Happy little stampers - Sprays
stamplorations.blogspot.in - stencil-sunday-april





No comments:

Post a Comment