Sunday 17 June 2018

DAD (Shaped card)

Hi friends!
Wishing you all a very Happy Father's day! 

Father's are so very special to all of us. 
They are our Role models, our superheroes and they complete our worlds. 

Here's a couple of shaped cards I made especially for Father's day.


I am obsessed with shaped cards. The best thing about them is that you do not need many supplies. Here's how I made them :))
I printed the word to the size required on a white card. Fussy cut it. Fussy cut two textured card panels using this as a template. 
I took card bases of approx. size 7.5" x 3". 

Mounted one fussy cut panel directly on the folded card base using foam adhesive. (Place it leaving perfect margin from the folded side. As this side cannot be trimmed.) Once it was mounted trimmed the remaining three sides to create equal margins from all the sides. 



The second card is a shaker card. So before mounting the panel on the card base, I adhered acetate sheet to it. Added double tape all around the shape, making sure that all the edges are covered. Also, the boundary created for shaker elements had to be perfect with no gaps (Or the shaker elements would slip out of the gaps) I put the shaker elements in each alphabet windows. Carefully placed the folded card base over the panel making sure that I placed it centrally leaving equal space all around. 




Next, I stamped some images and some sentiments. Coloured and fussy cut the images. Adhered them all on both the cards.

There the cards are done! 
Wasn't it super easy to make these?

Thank you for spending your precious time here. 




Playing along -
paruscardmakingchallenge - masculine

Craftycardmakerrs - for a man/boy
Cas-ualfridays - Boys of summer




No comments:

Post a Comment