Monday 29 October 2018

Dreams take flight! (Tribute to Melissa)

Hi!
I had a DT post for Colourific, scheduled to go live today and took this opportunity to make this messy watercoloured butterfly card to pay my tribute to Melissa Lane (Honeybeelane).

The Stamplorations team has put up a wonderful tribute to her. 
You can check the details over here.

Personally, I did not know Melissa, never spoke to her. But the news was a shock to me and the sadness remained with me for a long time. 
I just happened to go back over my blog the other day, to find many wonderful, kind and encouraging comments left by Melissa on my posts. 
I am sure she was an equally beautiful and kind soul. 

May her soul rest in peace.
May God give her family all the strength they need to face this situation.

Here's my card!


I have used the Butterflies take flight stamp set. I took a watercolour paper. Stamped the butterflies using distress inks through my stamping platform. 
I sprayed water over the paper each time I stamped the butterfly.
The water on the paper helped the distress inks spread all over, giving a messy watercoloured look.
Stamped the sentiment in Versafine onyx black ink. Foam mounted the panel on a card base with a strip of gold cardstock under it. 
Lastly, added lots of Nuvo drops to fill the empty gaps.


Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment