A very Happy New year to all of you!
Here is my first post of the year 2017.
And what could be better than a new calendar right now!
We all are into new resolutions, planning our holidays, trips and many other important activities.
So here it is!!
- Two pieces of cardstock cut as per the desired size. And one more piece to create the base. It is then covered with patterned paper.
- I have used ready printables of the Calendar months and distressed them.
- A little work in my MS doc and I made the "Birthdays and Reminders" sheets. This was an optional thing to be added, but considering my memory I thought of putting it right there in front of me..... hehe hehe....
- Hole punched these two along with the cardstock base and attached them with a ring. (I was checking out whether it will look better tied with ribbon or the rings...and in the process skipped removing one satin tied there... ;-))
- I added a small piece of cardstock ring to the side to hold a pen. (Visible in the front view)
- Next came a satin and a lace tied around the panel.
- I have added few flowers and leaves to create some dimensions.
- Lastly came a small inspiring note sentiment which I heat embossed to match the colour of the background patterned paper.
Planning to make a tutorial of this project. Hopefully, I do get the inspiration of penning it all down, step by step and with pictures.
Materials used are
- Patterned paper from Recollections,
- Calendar printables
- Embellishments - Flowers, leaves, a lace, ribbons,
- Rings, satin.
- Distress ink
- Stamps / Embossing powder
Some close up pictures!!
I am really in love with this Calendar and had lots of fun making it.
Thank you for dropping in at my blog. Please do leave your comments below. I love reading them all.
I am entering the project into following challenges : -
- Inspiration Destination - Anything goes!
- A Perfect time to craft - Anything goes!
- A Bit more time to craft - Anything goes!
- Simonsays stamp - Wednesday challenge - New something (New beginning with a new book of 365 pages)
- Simonsays stamp - Monday challenge - Start afresh (New beginning with a new book of 365 pages)
- Indian Craft room - Customised calendar
- Crafty creations - Anything goes
- simplycreatetoo - New beginning (New beginning with a new book of 365 pages)
- getcreativechallenges - Anything goes
- simplymagnolia - something old / something new... (New year with the same old me...hhehehehe.. ;))