Facebook

Friday, 6 January 2017

Flip Calendar

Hello, everyone!!!

A very Happy New year to all of you!

Here is my first post of the year 2017. 

And what could be better than a new calendar right now!
 We all are into new resolutions, planning our holidays, trips and many other important activities.

So here it is!!



  • Two pieces of cardstock cut as per the desired size. And one more piece to create the base. It is then covered with patterned paper. 
  • I have used ready printables of the Calendar months and distressed them. 
  • A little work in my MS doc and I made the "Birthdays and Reminders" sheets. This was an optional thing to be added, but considering my memory I thought of putting it right there in front of me..... hehe hehe.... 
  • Hole punched these two along with the cardstock base and attached them with a ring. (I was checking out whether it will look better tied with ribbon or the rings...and in the process skipped removing one satin tied there... ;-)) 
  • I added a small piece of cardstock ring to the side to hold a pen. (Visible in the front view)
  • Next came a satin and a lace tied around the panel. 
  • I have added few flowers and leaves to create some dimensions.
  • Lastly came a small inspiring note sentiment which I heat embossed to match the colour of the background patterned paper. 





Planning to make a tutorial of this project. Hopefully, I do get the inspiration of penning it all down, step by step and with pictures. 



Materials used are 

  • Cardstocks, 
  • Patterned paper from Recollections, 
  • Calendar printables
  • Embellishments - Flowers, leaves, a lace, ribbons, 
  • Rings, satin.
  • Distress ink
  • Stamps / Embossing powder




Some close up pictures!!




I am really in love with this Calendar and had lots of fun making it.

Thank you for dropping in at my blog. Please do leave your comments below. I love reading them all. 


Regards,
Novel-Ideas
Anila Dikay.



I am entering the project into following challenges : -

  • Inspiration Destination - Anything goes!
  • A Perfect time to craft - Anything goes!
  • A Bit more time to craft - Anything goes!
  • Simonsays stamp - Wednesday challenge - New something (New beginning with a new book of 365 pages) 
  • Simonsays stamp - Monday challenge - Start afresh (New beginning with a new book of 365 pages) 
  • Indian Craft room - Customised calendar
  • Crafty creations - Anything goes
  • simplycreatetoo - New beginning (New beginning with a new book of 365 pages) 
  • getcreativechallenges - Anything goes
  • simplymagnolia - something old / something new... (New year with the same old me...hhehehehe.. ;))