Saturday 19 October 2019

Ink # 198

Hello friends!
A break from my Diwali cards here on the blog. 
Though I am still far away from the number of cards, I promised myself to send, I am hopeful that I would be able to achieve that. 

Over to my card today!!
This card is made for the new challenge over at Inkspirational challenges where the theme is Word prompt - Mask.


For my card, I went with the very basic technique of masking. Something I have used numerous times before but had completely forgotten about. I was recently reminded of this when I saw a card by Kristina Werner.
It was fun making this card and I enjoyed it a lot.
I used to teach this method of masking, to my 5th-grade students, for making canvas paintings. The joy they used to feel on seeing their own artwork (after pulling off the tapes) was just so palpable. (Oh how I miss all that!!!) 
I could remember and feel that joy again while making this.


I used a 1/4" washi tape to mask off my areas and watercoloured the various sections. 
Heat embossed the sentiment of black cardstock.



Hope you like my card.
Hop over to the challenge blog to see more beautiful inspirations by my team-mates.

Thank you for stopping by!

Follow me here!


Playing with
(A rainbow coloured card for kids)






14 comments:

  1. Super design! Love your use of tape for masking this cool, fun, vibrant background. Amazing colors! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. those colors and shapes just make one happy !

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how wonderful it made you remember how happy it made your students and I can see this in the happiness and vibrancy of the colours you used-maybe you used these colours without realising what you were channelling-the joy of the kids! Wonderful card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a cool and trendy color blocking look! I’ve never thought of using the masking technique this way, thanks for the in(k)spiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done this technique once before and it was so fun and easy. However, the colors you chose on this one are so pretty! I have not tried it with watercolors. Thanks for the inspiration to try it again and for being in our gallery at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to rediscover a technique! This makes a terrific background for your card, and the black sentiments really pop. I have the honour of thanking you for entering TWO challenges I'm involved with, Seize the Birthday and Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing how such a simple technique gives such an awesome result. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, love the technique you used! Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday, hope you will join us again soon! hugs XoX Alli C - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card anila!! Loving this hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulously bright and eye catching. Love the colours and the CAS look. Thanks for sharing at HLS Water Colour Challenge Anila.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun, colorful design. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join us in future challenges. Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - great punches of colour - what a fantastic technique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, bright effect Anila! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful. What an effective way to use washi tape. It's so perfect to celebrate a birthday. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete