Tuesday 31 October 2017

Do Re Mi

Hello friends!

I have a very unique card on my blog today. 

I made this card for participating in the "I love Math challenge" at Craftymilka
Milka hosts this challenge quarterly with themes based on Mathematics and I just love participating in this challenge. 

The theme for this quarter is "Number 7" - We can use the number 7 or 7 something on your card!

Here's my card for the same. (I have 7 keys/syllables of the Xylophone.)




A Little background info about the concept of my card -
"Do-Re-Mi..." are the syllables used for a major scale in Solmization.
Solmization is a system wherein unique syllables are linked to each note of a musical scale, especially to teach singing.It was developed in the Medieval and is still in use in different forms throughout the world. 

Scale of do re mi fa sol la ti do 
"Do-Re-Mi" is also a show tune from the musical The Sound of Music. Within the story, it is used by Maria to teach the notes of the major musical scale to the children 
Each syllable of the musical solfège (music teaching) system appears in the song's lyrics, sung on the pitch it names.The lyrics teach the solfège syllables by linking them with English homophones. As the song concludes, "When you know the notes to sing, you can sing most anything'".

Synopsis of my card -
This is a very unusual card size I have ever worked with. The finished card measures around 6.5" x 3.5" in size.

  • For my card, I took colourful paper strips to make the keys of Xylophone. 
  • I cut the keys (freehand) in ascending order and rounded the edges. 
  • Cut two thin black strips and adhered the keys on them at equal distance. 
  • Next, I adhered this Xylophone on a white card panel. 
  • Stamped the sentiment. Mounted this panel on a white card base. 
  • I printed the syllables (I couldn't stamp them as the size was tiny and I didn't have the alphabet stamps of that size) Fussy cut them and adhered them on each key in a slant manner. 
  • Lastly, I cut 2 thin strips and two tiny circles to form the sticks for playing the Xylophone and adhered them on the card. 


Few more pictures -






Thank you for stopping by.
Please leave your valuable feedback in the comments below.


Linking my card to the following challenges-
I Love Math challenge # 7

No comments:

Post a Comment