Tuesday 6 March 2018

Happy 1st Birthday (Math Challenge)

Hello friends!

ETA - The video tutorial on my YT channel for this card!

(ETA - Please drop over my new post HERE where I share another set of similar cards!)
Today I am at the blog showcasing a card I made for the "I love Math challenge". This is the 8th Math challenge and the theme this time is Use a number or numbers on the project.

Here's my take on this theme.


 This is an unusual card that I made for this challenge. I have tried to make a CAS card wherein the base of the card is in the shape of a number.
To begin with, I traced the outline of the number on a side folding card base and cut along the outline. This gave me a number shaped openable card. I traced the same outline on a card panel, but a little smaller than the previous one. I cut along the outline of this panel. I mounted this one shaped panel on the card base using foam adhesive. This prepared the base of my card. 
I stamped all the images, coloured them with Zig markers and fussy cut them. The images are taken from "Elphie Selfie" and "Year Four" stamp set from Lawn Fawn and "You lift me up" stamp set from Craftyscrappers. 
Stamped the string at the top and adhered the banner cut outs. At the bottom corner, I highlighted the background using distress ink. Adhered the balloons and mounted the Elephant image using foam adhesive over the card. Added other details. Stamped the sentiment from my stash and edited to add "1st" to it. Added sequins to complete my card. Lastly, added glossy accents to the balloons and the birthday cap.


How did you like my card? I would love to read your feedback!

Thank you for stopping by!

Linking my project to the following challenge

17 comments:

  1. Fab card. You should do videos of your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I will definitely think of it 😊.

      Delete
    2. Hello Andrea - I have shared a video tutorial for this card on my YT. Check the link here https://youtu.be/TCr3ItJpVck

      Delete
  2. Hi... I love this card! I am about to make a card for my grand-daughter's first birthday - and would love to make a card this shape. Can you tell me where you got the outline number from? I don't trust myself to draw it as well as this. Hope you can help.

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine... Thank you so much. The outline shape is hand drawn by me. You may taken any outline from the net. Just that the size should be sufficient enough to create the scene.
      Let me know if you do not find it. I will send my measurements.
      Hugs

      Delete
    2. Thanks Anila... I'll see if I can find something similar on the net. Love it! x

      Delete
    3. Hi Christine - I have shared a video tutorial for this card on my YT with all the detailed measurements.. Check the link here https://youtu.be/TCr3ItJpVck

      Delete
    4. Https:youtu.be/TCr3ltJpVck

      Delete
  3. I love this card! My grandson will be turning one, so I may try this for his birthday! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. So glad you like it. Would love to see your version of it.

      Delete
    2. Hello....I have shared a video tutorial for this card on my YT with detailed measurements.. Check the link here https://youtu.be/TCr3ItJpVck

      Delete
  4. Wow beautiful and unique card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I have shared a video tutorial for this card on my YT with detailed measurements.. Check the link here https://youtu.be/TCr3ItJpVck

      Delete
  5. Love this card. Should be on the top lists. Ill do it for my baby boy fisrt year party invitations but I'll change the elephant for the fox which I'm obsesed with.
    Not only a math challenge but a piece of art. Cheers from Peru :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Daisy.
      I have shared a video tutorial for this card on my YT with detailed measurements.. Check the link here https://youtu.be/TCr3ItJpVck

      Delete