Thursday 14 June 2018

DAD - Captain of my heart

Hello Crafty friends!

With Father's day just three days away, I am sure you all must be busy making cards for it. 
I was so tied up with my other commitments that I couldn't find time to make one till today. 
Finally after a lot of brain-storming session(this went on for many days as I have been planning these cards for more than a week now) I came up with this card. 


I have used a lot of sentiment stamps for making the background.
This is a super easy technique, seen a lot many times in use. 

My concept here was to use all sentiments that would be descriptive of a father-figure. 
A father is always a role-model who rule the hearts of all the family members. The hard-work and the efforts by  him are always noteworthy.
For the sentiments here, I went through my entire stash of stamps and collected all the possible ones that would reflect today's Dad. On a white card stock, I stamped  all the sentiments one by one, using  dye inks by Lawn Fawn.  Also stamped few tiny images in between to make it little more interesting. 
I kept the center portion blank as I had planned to place my main sentiment there. 
Foam mounted this panel on a white card base.
I die-cut the word DAD using the LLD little alphabet dies by My Favorite Things (MFT). Stacked 4 of them to make it dimensional. I stacked 3 layers of white and topped it with a black die-cut. (I had initially planned to keep the word in white, but changed my mind and finally made it black to pop it against the busy background)
I stamped the main sub-sentiment "captain of my heart" using Versafine Onyx black ink. Later adhered the word using liquid glue. 



That's all from my end today.

Your feedback is what helps me in improvising my work.
Thank you!

Playing along

No comments:

Post a Comment