Saturday 30 June 2018

Watercolour stamping

Hi friends!
I have been wanting to try out the Watercolour technique shown by Jennifer Mcguire in her video here. This technique shows stamping on a wet watercolour paper using distress inks.
I decided to try this technique using some Mudra stamp sets.

Here are my cards using this technique.  


For my first card, I have used the Linen blooms stamps by  Mudra. Stamped the florals and leaves through my Stampoholic using various distress inks. Stamped the sentiment using Versafine black ink. Trimmed this panel and matted it with black and white card panels. On a yellow square card base, I created the background using the Leafy pattern stencil by Mudra and mustard seed distress ink. Assembled the card. Kept it pretty simple as I wanted the focus to be on my watercoloured panel.



For my second card, I have stamped the butterflies from the Beautiful Butterflies stamp set by Mudra, using the same technique. Once dry, I stamped the sentiment in the centre using Onyx black versafine ink. On a white card base, I created a background using Floral abstract stencil and shimmer paste. Lastly, Mounted the image panel on the stencilled base using foam adhesive. 





Linking this card to the 
(A couple of new things here - New technique, the leafy pattern stencil and the Go Confident stamp. Using them for the first time)
(Inspired by the colour bursts)










No comments:

Post a Comment