Sunday 22 April 2018

Cards with Optima papers

Hi!
I am sharing a couple of cards made using the "Optima" pattern papers by Bob n Betty!
I was a little confused to start with as I mostly like making CAS cards. I saw a number of mixed media creations made using pattern papers and was inspired to make these two cards.  I tried to maintain the CAS style. 
I chose the printed white paper from the pack for both my cards. I found this paper a little less busy to be used in the background as I was making the cards in CAS style. 
I cut 4"x6" panels for both the cards. 

CARD 1


I distressed the edges of this card and adhered it to my card base. I die-cut few more pieces using various papers from the pack. I distressed them all and adhered them on the card, creating levels using foam tape. Next, I created the arrangement using cheesecloth, flowers, leaves etc and adhered it all to the card. I added few microbeads using glossy accents. Added a sentiment to the card. Lastly, added few enamel dots to complete my card. 
Few more pictures


 CARD 2
  

I added a piece of vellum (to tone down the effect of the print) to the white paper panel and adhered this to the card base. I die-cut an oval using another paper from the pack. I stamped the sentiment on the vellum using Archival ink. Foam-mounted the oval die-cut. I fussy cut some floral images from the paper pack. Arranged and adhered the florals on the card creating some levels. Lastly, added few enamel dots to complete my card. 


Thank you for dropping by!







No comments:

Post a Comment