Friday 10 September 2021

Blue pottery coasters | Altenew persian motifs | Handpainted coasters

Hello everyone!!
Sharing a very different type of project today. Have you ever used Stamps for creating Home Decor projects? I simply love to incorporate them into various other projects other than cards. 
Today I am sharing a set of Hand painted coasters using Persian Motifs by Altenew.
Do these coasters resemble to anything...?? I have been wanting to make these Blue pottery style coasters using this stamp set.  
Finally I got the perfect motivation to make them. I made these for the Altenew Pair-a-flower contest!



Here is the inspiration for my project today! A Blue pottery plate!
Here are my coasters inspired by them.

I took a set of 4 MDF coasters and primed them with white chalk paint. I stamped the images with the stamp set using Archival ink to create a pattern. 
Filled up the spaces around the pattern using blue acrylic paint.
Colored the flowers using a lighter shade of the paint. Added details to the flowers using Alcohol markers. I added some extra white strokes to fill in the gaps.
Lastly, Varnished the coasters. 

As I wanted to create usable coasters, I used acrylic paints on MDF base.
The coasters can now be wiped with a wet cloth.

Sharing more pictures of the same!!





And the last one!! 


Hope you all like them! I would love to know your thoughts on the same.

Linking to the


Thank you for stopping by!


Happy Crafting!

You can find me here




No comments:

Post a Comment