Monday 6 March 2017

Thank u card

Hello all

My card for today is based on the new technique shown by Jennifer Mcguire in her very recent video about sentiment background. Check out the youtube link here.


To begin with I took a white card panel from the Dress my craft papers.and distressed it completely using  "Scattered straw". 
I then started collecting and arranging all the stamps with similar sentiments on the card panel.
(As I don't have many stamps sets having the "Thank you" sentiment, I could only cover some part of the card panel. But I somehow managed using the stamps repeatedly as per the space available.)


I stamped the sentiments using Brown pigment ink from Itsy Bitsy. Heat set the entire panel. I cut the panel with a DCAM double stitched circle die-cut. Mounted this on a white panel which was later layered on a Kraft cardstock. 
I color smooshed a white card panel. Used a butterfly die from Nagashri arts to cut butterflies from this panel. I layered and stuck 3 butterflies one over the other by sticking only the centre part. This gave it a nice dimensional look. 


Mounted the butterfly onto the white panel seen through the circle die-cut. Used a ready "Thank you" sticker as the sentiment. 
Lastly added few sequins to complete my card.


It was really fun creating this sentiment BG with the stamps. 
I hope you liked my card. Do leave your feedback in the comments below.

Regards
Anila Dikay.

I am entering this in
Simon says stamp - Monday challenge - Make your own BG
casmixup - Stamping + Smooshing + your choice (BG stamping Butterfly smooshing)
Happy little stampers -  Watercolor Challenge -  anything goes + smoosh (Smooshed butterfly)

No comments:

Post a Comment