Wednesday 25 July 2018

Magical Birthday (Little Birdie DT post - I)

Hi friends... 
Today I am at the Little Birdie blog sharing a quick pictorial for some cards.
You can check out the post at the Little Birdie blog here!

Here, I am sharing the shaker card I made using the cute images from the Princess and the Dragon stamp set.

 

To begin with, I stamped all the images from the stamp sets on a watercolour paper. Coloured and fussy cut the images. At this point, I was not sure which images I would be using, so I just stamped and coloured all of them, some also in multiples. 

Tip: Always stamp and colour a few extra images. This helps if anything goes wrong with one image. If all goes good, you can keep ready images to make quick cards later :) 

 

Next, I started planning the shaker card. I have used many images for this card. I die-cut an Oval ring with white cardstock and an oval piece of acetate to fit this ring. Added double tape at the backside of this die-cut.

 

On a white card base, I stamped the sentiment. Stamped and coloured the rainbow. (I had arranged all the elements on the base to plan out before stamping the details) 

 

Next, I adhered the coloured image of the cloud and the castle as planned. 


I have used the sequins medley as the shaker elements. Randomly, stuck a few sequins, before pouring some in the centre. I have mixed two colours of the sequins (Pink sherbet and Gold fizz) Mounted the die-cut to cover it. 

Tip: Putting some images here inside the shaker window gave them some depth. It creates an effect of these elements being far in the background. 

 
Adhered the images on top. 

Tip: Use some foam adhesive at the edges/parts of the images hanging outside the die-cut. It gives support to the image and makes sure it doesn't fold/bend. 


I wanted to create something sparkly for the dress of the princess. I covered the top part of her dress with some glue and poured a little amount of Shimmer crush - Primerose. Dusted off the extra. 

 

That completes the shaker card. 
(Don't miss the sparkle on the dress of the princess in the image below) 

 

Supplies used -



Hope you enjoyed the Pictorial.
Thank you for stopping by!


Linking my project to
July Challenge: Anything Goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment