Wednesday 25 July 2018

Tropical sunshine (Little birdie DT post - II)

Hi friends... 
Today I am at the Little Birdie blog sharing a quick pictorial for some cards.
You can check out the post at the Little Birdie blog here!

I am sharing the tropical scene card I made using the cute images from the Tropical Birthday stamp set.
I stamped all the images from the stamp sets on a watercolour paper. Coloured and fussy cut the images.

I took a rectangle die-cut. Using a scrap paper, I made this stencil showing curved land. Distressed the base of the die-cut using this paper stencil.  I also distressed some sun-rays from the top right corner. 
Tip: Place, arrange all the elements on your card to plan out a design. Click a picture on your phone so you can refer to it while assembling it all.

   

I decided which elements in my card need a little pop. Added foam adhesive at the back of them.

  

Stamped some tropical flowers from the set, coloured and fussy cut them. 


 

On a 4"x6" card base, I adhered a piece (slightly smaller) of blue paper from the Aquarelle paper pack. Mounted the die-cut rectangle using foam adhesive. 


 

Stamped the sentiment from the set. Lastly, adhere all the images to the card to complete the card. 
Tip: To create level differences or to show things in the background, pop the elements in the front using foam. The pop in the front makes the elements behind look as the background. While assembling all the elements don't be too perfect. Overlap some elements to create a natural look.

   

Final images - 

  

Supplies used -

Thank you for stopping by!


Linking my project to
July Challenge: Anything Goes!
Addicted to CAS - Summertime

simonsaysstamp - Work it wednesday - June 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment