Friday 15 March 2019

Hydrangea Thanks

Hello!
Today, I have these set of cards with Hydrangea florals from a stamp set by Winnie & Walter. 
I had won this set in one of their challenges. Since I received the set, my hands were itching to colour these Hydrangeas. 

Finally, I made these today.


I initially started off with no-line colouring. I stamped the flowers with light purple ink and the stem and leaves with green ink on a watercolour paper. After spending a lot of time colouring and using a combination of various colours I achieved this result. I used pink, light and dark shades of violet and blue to get these shades. Similarly, for the stem and leaves, I used three different shades of green and brown. 
But, I was extremely unhappy with the coloured image. It looked a complete mess.

Luckily, I was using a stamping platform and had not removed the Hydrangeas after stamping. So I went back and stamped the image with black ink. The leaves and stem were stamped freehand. 
I must say, the resulting effect made me real happy. 


I die-cut the sentiment using the smaller "Thanks" cutaway, in a violet paper. Adhered the sentiment and foam mounted the panel on a top-folding card base. Lastly, added a few sparkling dots to the centres of the flowers. (Check the close-up view)



Linking my card to 







13 comments:

  1. These cards look pretty, great choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Your colouring is so magnificent! Love them anila😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your use of purple and blue! The shading is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s “Show & Share”! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely thank you cards you've created, Anila! I love the soft watercolours of the hydrangeas. How clever to have used your platform to add the black outlines after you were unhappy with the no-line effect. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how that feels Anila even i was eager to color those flowers since getting the stampset ! It has been months i even touched it ;) i loved the CAs design..and the bold diecut :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well the end result is certainly very beautiful. Your hydrangeas look so life like. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hydrangeas are one of my favorite blooms and your card is just lovely! I also love the die-cute sentiment. Very nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These creations looks fabulous! My family vacations along the Oregon coast every year where Hydrangeas abound. I love seeing them and you have captured them PERFECTLY here! I'm so impressed with the way you added different tones of blue and purple to make them really come to life and look realistic. Great work and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty Anila. Your hydrangeas are simply amazing. Purple ones are my favourite. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    Dawn ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card! Love the coloring! Thankd for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love hydrangea card - the colours are always gorgeous. Thanks for sharing again with us at HLS Watercolour Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I think this turned out beautifully considering you weren't happy with it while you were making it! I've tried the no line coloring and sometimes it really does look like a complete mess! Your fix really worked. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful set of cards, I love the luminosity of the flowers. Thank’s for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete