Wednesday 13 March 2019

Peace within!!!

Hello friends!
I am here with a card today made with the ghosting technique using a stencil.


I started by blending Cracked Pistachio distress oxide on a cardstock. This colour alone looked very light. So I blended Salty Ocean distress ink over it again. I Put the stencil over it and with a wet tissue dabbed through the stencil. This dabbing lifted the ink from the base, thus showing the stencil design on the cardstock. 
I took a card piece and die-cut a rectangle through it. I have used the negative piece and adhered the stencilled cardstock at the back of this so that the image peeps through the rectangle window. 
Stamped the sentiment. 
Lastly, foam mounted this on a white top folding card base. 
Few more pictures 
(I was actually not very happy with the pictures as they do not show the actual colours of the card. So I have multiple images here. )


  

Thank you for dropping by!

Linking my project to 
(I have used - Inked stencil BG, a die-cut and a matted layer)
(I was inspired by the colours)



22 comments:

  1. Fabulous ink blending and ghosting and a lovely CAS design. Thank you for sharing at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. interesting technique and choice of stencil Anila !

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME CAS design! The choice of color, use of image and sentiment are spot on! I adore the white space, too, Anila! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s “Show & Share”! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Virginia... Your comment means a lot.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card Anila! LOVE the white and cracked pistachio/salty ocean colours together. So fresh looking. Great work with the ghosting technique and your beautiful stenicled image! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loll!You appreciation makes my day

      Delete
  5. Fabulous idea for your ghosting technique Anila, love the green and simple sentiment. Thanks for sharing with CAS Stencil

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very restful and peaceful looking card, matches your sentiment brilliantly. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool stencil you've used! Brilliant results with ghosting and I love the emerald green color of the ink. Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in New Zealand so really appreciate this card today with everything that has gone on in my country the past few days. I love the image, its so beautiful and detailed. And I've never heard of the technique you used with the wet tissue to remove the image, its incredible and will definitely have to try it myself. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shona... My heart goes out to those people. So glad my card could help you.
      Please do try out this technique, it is awesome. Thank you for dropping by

      Delete
  9. This is such a wonderful card! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this image and thanks so much for sharing how you did that. I will try dabbing with a wet tissue. My image didn't transfer through the entire stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! Beautiful ink blending. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely stencil to use with this technique Anila! Nothing else is needed but the simple peace sentiment - thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful ghost stenciled image Anila. Your message is so needed World Wide. Your CAS image and sentiment are perfection. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs and sending healing thoughts to the beautiful country and people of New Zealand. Nancy

    ReplyDelete