Sunday 24 March 2019

Spread happiness... Faux stained glass

Hi!
Here's a simple CAS card made using Faux stain glass technique.


I have used the floral stamps by Winnie and Walter.
I didn't have the coordinating die for the flower. So for the technique to work, I stamped the florals with light grey ink. Using a 3D liner in white, I covered the entire design. This created the necessary dimension to the design. 
Once the outline was dry, I coloured the image with Zig markers. Fussy cut the image.
On a card base, I stamped the sentiment from my stash. Foam mounted the floral arrangement. 
Lastly, I covered the image completely with Glossy accents to create the faux stained glass effect. Before this layer dried, I lightly sprinkled some snowy glitter over the image to get a shimmery look (check the close-up)



Thank you for stopping by.

Linking to 
(My choice - Sparkle/Glitter)



13 comments:

  1. A lovely faux stained glass tulip card, Anila! I love the beautiful shades of your Zig coloring and the shine from the Glossy Accent! You did a fantastic job of fussy-cutting the tulip. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Hideko. It was a pleasure playing along

      Delete
  2. Beautiful CAS card Anila. Your tulip is gorgeous with the faux stained glass technique. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Loll. It was a pleasure to play this challenge

      Delete
  3. Nice post.Keep sharing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius idea !! Necessity is mother of creativity ;) I loved your card and above all your Idea of using 3D liner !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe... Thank you Pooja. Definitely. I feel we are more creative with lesser resources.

      Delete
  5. Such creativity in solving the technique and what a beautiful card, so delicate and so very pretty. Thank you for joining in the CAS Mix up challenge with this beauty x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all the appreciation

      Delete
  6. Love the light watercoloring! Just delightful! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant card and fabulously CAS. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the idea of a blue tulip! And what a fabulous card, great choice of image. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first one is such an incredible picture. I love how it is just black, white and red, it leaves such an amazing effect.
    Ideas about Happiness

    ReplyDelete